The Data Controller is Warwick School. Our Registration Name in the Data Protection Public Register is Warwick Independent Schools Foundation and our Registration Number Z6846418.
Warwick School’s Development and Alumni Relations Office supports a global community of alumni (Old Warwickians). In order to inform and engage Old Warwickians in a bespoke manner, the Development and Alumni Office processes personal data. This helps to ensure OWs get the best information and contact available and also helps us, where appropriate, to ask for your support with the things we believe you care about.
Types of personal data collected and method of collection
As a former pupil of Warwick School, some of the personal data that we hold about you is transferred from your paper or electronic student record to the school’s alumni database, Raiser’s Edge. This personal data will have been collected from your initial registration and time at school and may include:
- Your name, title, gender preference and date of birth;
- Your school photograph
- Your home or parental address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Your familial relationships (parents, grandparents and siblings);
- Subjects studied, school House and achievements (sports, music etc);
- Start and end dates and destination upon leaving
We hold contact details updates, occupation, event registration and careers volunteer activity. Your contact details may also have been provided by The Old Warwickian Association.
We also record information on donations, which may include:
- Your bank account number, name and sort code (used for processing Direct Debits);
- Gift amount, purpose, date and method of payment including cheque numbers or payment references. At no point do we store payment card details.
- Tax status and Gift Aid Declaration information;
- Your spouse/partner’s name;
- Updates to your contact details;
- Record of verbal or email conversations/meetings including any personal interests;
- Dietary preferences;
- Web activity while visiting www.oldwarwickians.org.
We may hold personal data relating to your professional history. This data may have been provided by you, or it may have been obtained from social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook or www.warwickschoolconnect.org) or publicly available sources. It may include:
- Your employment status (e.g. part-time, full-time, retired);
- Your current job title and work email address;
- Your current and past employers, name, address and telephone number;
- The dates that you have been employed in any particular role;
- Your previous role(s) and job title;
- Your photograph;
- Your income band.
Raiser’s Edge may hold personal data that has been created by Warwick School from other personal data (i.e. name, address, postcode, employment data), either through internal or external research/profiling, namely:
- Your estimated asset worth, property value and shareholdings;
- An estimate of income and potential capacity to make a large gift;
- Philanthropic interests and gifts to other charitable organisations;
- Internal classifications and ratings as a major gift prospect;
- A rating of your level of engagement which is created from a mix of your event attendance, donation history and other interactions with the School.
How personal data is stored
Personal data of alumni is stored by the Development and Alumni Office in a propriety database called Raiser’s Edge, which is stored on hosted servers provided by Blackbaud Europe Ltd, and accessed via the cloud. Access to personal data is restricted to those members of staff who have a requirement to maintain a relationship with you, and is controlled through password protection and user security profiles. All Warwick School employees, contractors and volunteers who are given access to personal data receive mandatory Data Protection training and have a contractual responsibility to maintain confidentiality.
How personal data is processed by the Development and Alumni Office
Personal data is processed by the Development and Alumni Office to:
- Send school and OW news, including the Old Warwickian newsletter;
- Publicise events;
- Recruit alumni volunteers and mentors;
- Make fundraising appeals by email, direct mail, telephone and face-to-face meetings and ensure that we only send you communications about events or fundraising appeals that would be of interest to you.
Who we share personal data with
Data may be made available to the Head Master’s office and other Warwick School departments who may wish to contact particular OWs. Examples might include asking OWs to speak at or inviting them to a school event.
Personal data is shared with third party organisations in a limited number of instances.
We will only pass your contact details to other Old Warwickians with your permission.
If you have registered to attend an event we may share a list of attendee names and year of graduation so that introductions can be made or seating plans created. This list may be shared on www.oldwarwickians.org.
We may share personal data with third party organisations which carry out contracts on behalf of Warwick School (such as a venue hosting an OW event). We will only share personal data that is relevant and proportionate. Warwick School’s partners are subject to contractual agreements which help to ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation. This will happen in the following circumstances:
- To send you a copy of The Old Warwickian, Portcullis or other newsletters;
- To send you direct mail relating to events or fundraising appeals;
- To maintain your contact details so that we can keep in touch by letter, email or telephone;
When we share personal data as detailed above we ensure that security is maintained, using passwords. We will NEVER sell, trade or rent personal data to third parties.
We do not disclose personal data to third parties or Government agencies unless the law requires us to do so or exigent circumstances require us to protect the safety of our users or the public.
How long personal data is held
Warwick School considers its relationship with alumni to be life-long. This means that we will maintain a record for you until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish us to keep in touch. In this instance we will delete the majority of your personal data, but will maintain basic personal data to ensure that we do not inadvertently create a new record in the future.
How to object to us processing your personal data
Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their personal data for any or all of the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice; they may do so at any time. To exercise this right, please email email@example.com giving clear details of the processing activities and/or types of personal data to which your objection applies (see sections above for descriptions).
Access to personal information
You have a right to request copies of the data held about you by Warwick School. Should you object to the holding of your data by Warwick School, the use of your data for any or all of the above purposes, or should you wish to amend the type of communications you receive or the way in which Warwick School contacts you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.oldwarwickians.org we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site or newsletter. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When we send e-mails and e-newsletters from Raiser’s Edge we track and record whether messages and links have been opened in order to monitor interest in different news stories and tailor our communications.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 18 May 2017.
If you have any questions which you feel have not been covered by this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to email us or write to:
Development and Alumni Relations Office,
Warwick CV34 6PP